Monday, July 30, 2007

 

It's that time of year again...again.

So this year I tried a new tactic. I went on vacation the week of my usual slump. For the most part I think it did a lot of good. I got to see a lot of friends and family. It was bittersweet though. Usually I go out to CA for work and get to spend limited time with my peeps. This time, I had 9 days to spend time with peeps and got a family wedding in too. It was awesome to see and spend time with everyone, but it just made me miss them all the more. It made me homesick.

I got a new tatto on Wednesday. My 4th. It's a claddaugh and I love it. It's still healing. I didn't realize it at the time, but the pain of getting the tattoo was almost like a release. The physical pain was mirroring my emotional pain of my usual slump. It was interesting to see how being in pain allowed me to release some of the emotional pain. This was definitely, by far, the most painful of my tattoos. I think I'm going to get 5, so one more and I'm done. I think that's what everyone says right before the continue to get tattoo after tattoo.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?